We are looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic School Secretary to join our school in Tunbridge Wells!
This is a great opportunity for applicants who are looking for a rewarding career within education.
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Pattern: 8:00am to 4:30pm or 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Application Closing Date: 4th July 2022
Start Date: Immediate start available
About Beechwood School
Beechwood School is a co-educational independent day and boarding school for 3 -18-year-olds, which comprises a Pre-Prep, Preparatory, Senior School and Sixth Form. Our school is a thriving, happy and purposeful place where excellence and a love of learning are nurtured.
The children at Beechwood are at the heart of everything that we do. Their enthusiasm and passions are nurtured by a dedicated team of teachers who inspire our students to give of their very best both in and outside the classroom, at school and at home.
About the Position
We are looking for someone to be responsible for confidential secretarial, administration and clerical duties relating to all aspects of the school. This includes management of diaries, correspondence, record keeping, minute taking and organising meetings and school events. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring that staff, parents, pupils, visitors and third parties receive a personal and professional service
- Working as part of the Administration Team and provide Reception cover
- Some aspects of HR Administration
- Management of pupil files, SCR, email correspondence and any administrative filing, including confidential personnel files
- Maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and respond positively with tact, sensitivity and awareness to pupils and parents in relation to duties undertaken
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent IT skills – including intermediate or advanced level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint
- The ability to work unsupervised and to prioritise work during peaks of commitment
- Well presented with a professional manner
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Good organisational and administration skills
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out our Application Form and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beechwood is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.