We are looking to appoint a talented, inspirational, and experienced SENCo to join our exceptional teaching staff. Could that be you?
As the SENCo at Beechwood you will play a crucial role in providing specialised support to students with a wide range of additional learning needs, fostering a warm and caring environment.
About the Position
As our SENCo, your main responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating, monitoring, and supporting the learning of children who have special educational needs across the whole school (EYFS and KS1-5).
- Offering support through a variety of approaches. Such as one-to-one lessons, withdrawal from mainstream lessons, in-class support, and the provision of a safe space for pupils.
- Teaching an agreed number of 1:1 or group sessions per week.
- Supporting children’s development in literacy, numeracy, and information and communication technology.
- Assessing pupils either with or suspected of having Specific Learning Difficulties.
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Is qualified to Level 5 and/ or Level 7 Dip SpLD.
- Has excellent communication and critical reflective skills.
- Can relate well to children and young adults and to recognise and respond to their varying educational and pastoral needs.
- Has a creative and dynamic approach to teaching and learning.
Why Work at Beechwood?
At Beechwood School, we are dedicated to creating an environment where both students and staff flourish. In addition to being part of an exceptional team, here is what you can expect:
- An excellent remuneration package
- Small class sizes
- Teaching and learning focus
- Wellness programme
- Access to life assurance
- Free lunch
- Exceptional grounds and facilities
- Refer a friend scheme for a fee
- On-site parking
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
If this role aligns with your skill set and experience, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out our Application Form and return this to email@example.com along with your CV.
Please also fill out our form below and a member of our Recruitment Team will be in contact with you shortly.
We look forward to welcoming you to Beechwood School.
Beechwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, with costs covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.