We are looking for an outstanding and passionate School Registrar to join our school in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Beechwood is a co-educational independent day and boarding school for boys and girls aged 3 -18, which comprises a Pre-Prep, Preparatory and Senior School. It is a thriving, happy and purposeful place where excellence and a love of learning are nurtured.
The children at Beechwood are at the heart of everything that we do. Their enthusiasm and passions are nurtured by a dedicated team of teachers who inspire our students to give of their very best both in and outside the classroom, at school and at home.
About the Role
You will be working as part of a small team within a larger group where the role is busy, varied and interesting. As Registrar you will be;
- Ensuring that every prospective parent and pupil receives a bespoke, personal service, whether it is via email, on the phone or through the school website
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the Registry and Admissions process from the point of contact with prospective parents to enrolment and beyond are managed in an efficient and highly customer focused way
- Updating the schools Marketing Team of relevant events in a timely manner to allow for promotion.
- Provide materials for and be present at the Open Morning and on other public occasions as required
- Oversee and manage the organisation of individual assessments, collective assessment days and scholarship assessments including examinations, interviews and refreshments
- Use the School’s information management system to record admissions information in an accurate and timely manner, including tracking expressions of interests, visits, registrations, assessments, scholarships and enrolments
- Manage a continuing analysis of contacts, applications and admissions
- Develop and analyse key performance data, identify trends, risks, issues and opportunities and prepare reports/presentations to senior management, making recommendations for change where relevant
- Produce regular statistical reports which demonstrate progress against Key Performance Indicators outlined in the Admissions Policy
- Maintain full awareness of where there are available places at different points of entry
- Continually review systems and processes to ensure they are meeting the strategic goals of the School
- Maintain awareness of best practice and national and local developments in admissions
- Represent the School at external events, for example recruitment fairs
- Create and send out letters and emails relating to the admissions process including assessment and scholarship invitations, requests for school reports and offer letters
- Manage visit and tour arrangements for prospective pupils and families, working very closely with the PA’s to the Head of Senior School and Head of Junior School
- Ensure that admissions data is recorded correctly
- Organise an annual entry events such as scholarship days, open days, and events
- An understanding of the principles of sales and a knowledge of marketing
- Take leadership over enquiries, visits and admissions
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be flexible, reliable and well organised
- Have excellent time management skills
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Excel
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Be an effective problem solver and a flexible team player
- Demonstrate discretion and tact
- Experience with a School information system is desirable
Contract Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30am-05:30pm
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Life Assurance, On-Site Parking, Company Pension
Salary: Commensurate on Experience
Application Closing Date: 23rd May 2022
Start Date: September 2022
To find out more about this role, please read the Job Description.
How to Apply
Beechwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for all jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs covered by the company. Beechwood School is an equal opportunities employer.