Aims and Ethos
Beechwood was founded in 1915 by the Society of the Sacred Heart sisters and warmly welcomes pupils of all faiths.
The Society was founded and developed by Madeleine Sophie Barat in 1800 whose insights and vision have inspired certain goals of our education.
- To be a vibrant, caring school, providing an education rooted in our values.
- To enable all who study here to discover their strengths and make the most of their talents within a nurturing and supportive community.
- To foster spiritual and personal development and a sense of social responsibility.
- To create an educational environment that nurtures creativity, encourages flexibility and embraces independence of thought.
- To equip our pupils with the values, skills, and habits of mind that will help shape their future in a wider world.