Beechwood School isn't just an outstanding place to learn, it's a great place to work too!
PA to the Head Teacher
We are seeking an excellent full time PA to the Head Teacher to join the team at Beechwood School, in Tunbridge Wells.
Beechwood is a co-educational independent day and boarding school for boys and girls aged 3 -18, which comprises a Pre-Prep, Preparatory and Senior School. It is a thriving, happy and purposeful place where excellence and a love of learning are nurtured.
The children at Beechwood are at the heart of everything that we do. Their enthusiasm and passions are nurtured by a dedicated team of teachers who inspire our students to give of their very best both in and outside the classroom, at school and at home.
- Liaise with the Head Teacher daily regarding events and any actions that need her immediate attention.
- Organise and manage the Head Teacher’s diary, arranging appointments when convenient and required.
- Answer telephone calls, transferring them to the Head Teacher when appropriate.
- General office administration.
- Send/receive emails and manage the Head Teacher’s inbox in a secure and confidential manner.
- Take minutes at meetings when required.
- Write letters on behalf of the Head Teacher, ensuring they are sent out in a timely and confidential manner.
- To be able to access information for the Head Teacher as necessary and obtain all information required in the support of her work.
- To forward think and plan in advance in support of Head Teacher’s workload.
- To assist in preparing monthly Management Information.
- Experience of working within a busy office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confident with IT, including all areas of Microsoft.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Building a successful rapport with pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Confident working with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Organised and efficient at managing a heavy workload.
Contract Type: Full-Time (All Year Round), Permanent, Monday-Friday
Closing Date: 6th August 2021
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate on Experience
To find out more about this role, please read the Job Description.
How to Apply
Our school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check, costs covered by the school. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undertake safeguarding training.