We are currently looking for an English Teacher to join our team in Royal Tunbridge Wells.
The successful candidate will ensure the effective English teaching of all pupils, helping them to develop both inside and outside the classroom. Support the policies and aims of the School and ensure the good social, emotional and physical development of every child.
Our students thrive in an exceptionally positive learning environment and enjoy many opportunities to encourage their love of literature, theatre, poetry and media through theatre visits and performances as well as during a fully planned and prepared curriculum. Our class sizes are small meaning that teaching workload is more manageable, and the behaviour and enthusiasm of our students makes every lesson a pleasure.
About Beechwood School
Beechwood is a co-educational independent day and boarding school for boys and girls aged 3 -18, which comprises a Pre-Prep, Preparatory and Senior School. It is a thriving, happy and purposeful place where excellence and a love of learning are nurtured. The children at Beechwood are at the heart of everything that we do. Their enthusiasm and passions are nurtured by a dedicated team of teachers who inspire our students to give of their very best both in and outside the classroom, at school and at home.
About the Position
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons
- Teaching the pupils assigned to you; setting and marking work (including examinations) to be carried out by the pupils in School or elsewhere
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Promote general progress and wellbeing of all individual groups of pupils assigned to you
- Any other additional duties as assigned by the Headmaster
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team
- Strong organisational skills
- Is well presented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous teaching experience ideal however will also accept NQT
If you feel that this post may be of interest to you, we would warmly welcome your application. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the school directly.
Contract Type: Part time, Maternity Cover
Working Pattern: 3 days a week
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Application Closing Date: 16th May 2022
Start Date: September 2022
To find out more about this role, please read the Job Description.
How to Apply
Beechwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.