We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated School Nurse to join our team and play a vital role in promoting the health and well-being of our students. As a School Nurse, you will work collaboratively with students, parents, and school staff to provide healthcare services, support emotional well-being, and ensure a safe and healthy learning environment.
About the Role and You
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing first aid and medical care (physical and mental health) to any sick or injured pupils, staff and visitors.
- Liaising with parents with regards to pupils’ ongoing medical needs, updating records where necessary, monitoring conditions and dispensing medication including daily medication for pupils.
- Registering all boarders with the local GP, making GP appointments, and accompanying boarders to appointments.
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds a valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) pin number.
- Holds a First Aid at work certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Has experience working as a school nurse or paediatric nurse.
- Has a minimum of 3 years post-registration nursing experience.
- Is approachable and friendly.
Why work at Beechwood School?
- Refer a friend scheme
- Wellness programme
- Access to life assurance
- Free lunch provided
- Company pension
- On-site parking
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description
If this role aligns with your skill set and experience, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out our Application Form and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.
Please also fill out our form below and a member of our Recruitment Team will be in contact with you shortly.
We look forward to welcoming you to Beechwood School!
Beechwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.