Beechwood School is currently seeking a skilled and dependable Maintenance Operative to join our school! As a Maintenance Operative, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation and maintenance of our facilities. If you have excellent problem-solving skills and experience within a maintenance role, this is the job for you!
About Beechwood School
Beechwood School is a co-educational independent day and boarding school for children aged 3-18 years old.
The children at Beechwood are at the heart of everything that we do. Their enthusiasm and passion are nurtured by a dedicated team of teachers who inspire students to give their very best both in and outside the classroom, at school and at home.
We aim to encourage intellectual curiosity and productive learning habits in both our students and staff. Whether you are fully trained or seeking further qualifications, we have plenty of opportunities for you to broaden your skill set and reach your career goals.
Why work at Beechwood School?
- Refer a friend scheme
- Wellness programme
- Access to life assurance
- Free lunch provided
- Company pension
- On-site parking
About the Position
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Performing general maintenance tasks such as plumbing repairs, carpentry work, electrical maintenance, and painting to maintain the school’s infrastructure.
- Conducting regular inspections of the school premises to identify any maintenance issues, safety hazards, or cleanliness concerns, and address them promptly.
- Responding promptly to maintenance requests and prioritise tasks based on urgency and impact on school operations.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Good physical stamina and the ability to perform tasks that involve lifting, carrying, and working in various weather conditions.
- Strong knowledge of basic repair and maintenance techniques related to plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, and painting and is reliable and hardworking.
- The ability to use a variety of hand and power tools safely and effectively.
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
If this sounds like the role for you then APPLY TODAY!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out our Application Form and return this to email@example.com along with your CV.
Please also fill out our form below and a member of our Recruitment Team will be in contact with you shortly.
We look forward to welcoming you to Beechwood School!
Beechwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.