Maintenance & Cleansing Operative
Join our team as a Maintenance & Cleansing Operative and play a vital role in maintaining the cleanliness, functionality, and safety of our school. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals with a strong work ethic and keen attention to detail to excel in a motivating and supportive environment.
About the Role and You
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Performing general maintenance tasks such as plumbing repairs, carpentry work, electrical maintenance, and painting to maintain the school’s infrastructure.
- Conducting regular inspections of the school premises to identify any maintenance issues, safety hazards, or cleanliness concerns, and address them promptly.
- Responding promptly to maintenance requests and prioritise tasks based on urgency and impact on school operations.
- Execute daily cleaning tasks to ensure a pristine and hygienic environment throughout the school.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Good physical stamina and the ability to perform tasks that involve lifting, carrying, and working in various weather conditions.
- Strong knowledge of basic repair and maintenance techniques related to plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, and painting and is reliable and hardworking.
- The ability to use a variety of hand and power tools safely and effectively.
Why Choose Us?
At Beechwood School, we’re dedicated to creating an environment where both students and staff flourish. In addition to being part of an exceptional team, here’s what you can expect:
- Refer a friend scheme with a financial reward
- Wellness programme
- Discount on tuition fees for dependent children at any Alpha School
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Mentorship programme
- Access to life assurance of 3 times your salary
- Free lunch
- On-site parking
- Friendly and welcoming environment
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
If you feel that this role aligns with your skill set and aspirations, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out our Application Form and return this to email@example.com along with your CV
Please also fill out our form below and a member of our Recruitment Team will be in contact with you shortly.
We look forward to welcoming you to Beechwood School.
Beechwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, with costs covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.